Panelists: Paul Hagstrom (hosting) and Carrington Vanston (not hosting)
Host’s Topic: The next new old thing
So, we’re kind of experts on something. Or we’re familiar with something. But part of the fun of the hobby is seeing what else there was that we never got involved in. Now that we have our new modern brains, what old things are you interested in going back and learning? (Forth? Cobol? Inform? Mainframes? Alternative platform?) Is our modern brain going to make it easier?
Retro Computing News:
- A Reader’s Guide to Microcomputer Books
- Chicago Classic Computing
- RetroGathering Feb 4, 2017
- proxxima038 on G+
- proxxima038 on YouTube
- Volta V computer
- You are not expected to understand this.
- Lion’s commentary (Wikipedia)
- Comment in github
- Dagen Brock: The making of Applezini
- A downloadable software library for real or virtual Exidy Sorcerors
- I’ve been playing the same game of Civilization II for almost 10 years. This is the result.
- Dystopia: What a game of Civilization II looks like after 10 years
- Passport on Github
Vintage Computer Commercials
Retro Computing Gift Idea:
- Carrington: Apple IIc model A2S4100
- Paul: ATR-8000 (and stealthy Nintendo drive)
- @rcrpodcast on Twitter
- Vintage Computer Forum
- RCR Podcast on Facebook
- Throwback Network
Listen/Download:This post was originally published on this site.