Panelists: Jack Nutting (hosting), Earl Evans, Paul Hagstrom, and Michael Mulhern
Host’s Topic: Is this important?
Is this old stuff objectively important, or is it just nostalgia?
- Living Computer Musem + Labs’ permanent Apple exhibit
- Break Out: How the Apple II launched the gaming revolution (David Craddock)
- Breakout: How Atari 8-bit computers defined a generation (Jamie Lendino)
- Lambda 8300 (El Museo de los 8 bits)
- Lambda 8300 (Old-Computers.com)
- Symbolics Lisp Machine rendering (reddit thread)
- Instagram video of rendering
- Symbolics Inc. Facebook page
Retro Computing News:
- Early Mac emulation comes to the Internet Archive
- PDP-10 enthusiasts resurrect ancient MIT operating system
- Lisa2.com served by a Lisa 2?
- Experience Usenet as it was in 1987
- HUMONGOUS CP/M Software Archives
- ZX Spectrum Next (Kickstarter)
- Shadow of the Beast
- edladdin.com (Atari-compatible arcade controllers). Listen to the end of the episode for a discount code!
Vintage Computer Commercial
Retro Computing Gift Idea:
- Earl: TRS-80 Model I system
- Michael: Fractal Design Painter 2.0 Promo Rusty Tin
- Paul: Seagate hard drive platters
- @rcrpodcast on Twitter
- Vintage Computer Forum
- RCR Podcast on Facebook
- Throwback Network
Listen/Download:This post was originally published on this site.